high school programming & python

bowman bowman at montana.com
Fri Sep 10 23:04:12 EDT 1999

Les Schaffer <godzilla at netmeg.net> wrote in message
news:m2hfl2y2tt.fsf at netmeg.net...
> 2.) the AP tests which kids take, according to her, require for
> advnace placement in a comp sci class that they know the basics of C++
> up through objects.

Among my co-workers are several recent graduates and a former college
instructor. According to them, at the local university, a language other
than C or C++ is a prerequisite for the C courses. I can't speak for the AP
tests, but it would seem to me a good grounding in an excellent didactic
language like Python would be more valuable than a half baked exposure to
C++. My first exposure was Fortran IV thirty five years ago, and some days I
don't think I'm even ready for C++ yet.