high school programming & python

David Oppenheimer davidopp at megsinet.net
Thu Sep 16 02:45:14 EDT 1999

James Whitley Moore wrote:

> Why not end this thread in the usual way?
>
> I never wanted to be a high-level language programmer.
>
> I always wanted to be. . .

A World Class Skydiver and All Around Daredevil.

 (Being a beach bum wouldn't be so bad either.  I was watching a baseball
game with a friend when a commercial for a local tech school came on the
air and it went something like this "....So you went and got a four year
degree and what did it get you?  ...  A job serving drinks? <cutaway to a
guy in swim trunks serving pina coladas to two people in lounge chairs on
a gorgeous tropical beach> "  I looked at my friend and said to him ...
"Man, I would love a job like that... wear a swimsuit to work, get a tan,
hang out on the beach, and get paid for it.  That would be the life!"

David O.