UML

Sinan Si Alhir salhir at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 23:28:47 EDT 1999

ScherBi at BAM.com and comp.lang.python -

Various papers at http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir may be of interest
to you:

*  What is the Unified Modeling Language (UML)?
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#whatistheuml)

*  Applying the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#applyingtheuml)

*  The Foundation of the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#thefoundationoftheuml)

*  Succeeding with the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#succeedingwiththeuml)

*  The Object-Oriented Paradigm
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#theobjectorientedparadigm)

*  Extending the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#extendingtheuml)
   This paper elaborates on extending the UML and explores the
necessity, sufficiency, and consistency of the UML’s extension
mechanisms to conclude that there are inconsistencies with the UML’s
extension mechanisms..

*  "The True Value of the Unified Modeling Language (UML)"
   [Distributed Computing magazine, July 1998]
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#thetruevalueoftheuml)

*  "Unified Modeling Language Extension Mechanisms"
   [Distributed Computing magazine, December 1998]
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#umlextensionmechanisms)
   This paper also very briefly introduces the Core Modeling Language
(CML).

*  "Reuse and the Unified Modeling Language (UML)"
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#reuseandtheuml)

*  "The Unified Modeling Language (UML) - One Year After Adoption of the
Standard"

(http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#theumloneyearafteradoptionofthestandard)

*  "Understanding the Unified Modeling Language"
   [Methods & Tools, April 1999]
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#understandingtheuml)

*  "From the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to C++"
   [Visual C++ Developers Journal (Online), June 1999]
   (http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#fromtheumltocpp)

I welcome your comments and questions.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sinan Si Alhir
Email: mailto:salhir at earthlink.net
WWW:   http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir

Read what people are saying about "UML in a Nutshell" (Comments and
Feedback) [http://home.earthlink.net/~salhir/#umlinanutshell]