ANN: Python Announcements...

Markus Fleck fleck at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Tue Sep 21 02:43:55 EDT 1999

Dear fellow Pythoneers,

the articles queue for comp.lang.python.announce has been stalled since
August 22, 1999 - mostly due to a temporary lack of time on my part.
There is currently a backlog of about 80 messages.

You can help to speed up the moderation process significantly by adhering
to the posting guidelines that are posted bi-weekly to comp.lang.python and
comp.lang.python.announce. In particular, life would become a lot easier
for me if all submitted announcements already included the requested HTML
mark-up footer (which is used to give a one-sentence summary of each
announcement at the www.python.org home page).

You can always find the latest version of the comp.lang.python.announce
posting guidelines at the following URL:

  <ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.python/python-newsgroup-faq>.

Currently pending announcements will not be sent out all at once, but will
be distributed over the next few days, so as to avoid overloading the
inboxes of those people who have subscribed to comp.lang.python.announce via
the "python-announce-list" mailing list. If you want to convert your mailing
list subscription to digest format, or temporarily suspend your mailing list
subscription, you should do so now by visiting the list's Mailman web page
at <http://www.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-announce-list>.

I appreciate your patience, and the offers for help that I have received.
Of course, I am truly delighted to see so many announcements being posted
to comp.lang.python.announce - and all the time we're getting closer to
having the 1000th posting to comp.lang.python.announce by Y2K... -:^)

    Happy hacking, --
    Markus Fleck (Moderator)

from sys import*;from string import*;a=argv;[s,p,q]=filter(lambda x:x[:1]!=
'-',a);d='-d'in a;e,n=atol(p,16),atol(q,16);l=(len(q)+1)/2;o,inb=l-d,l-1+d
while s:s=stdin.read(inb);s and map(stdout.write,map(lambda i,b=pow(reduce(
lambda x,y:(x<<8L)+y,map(ord,s)),e,n):chr(b>>8*i&255),range(o-1,-1,-1)))
                             -- RSA in Python (or so I've been told <wink>)
--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce at python.org
Python Language Home Page:   http://www.python.org/