Text UI

Damond Walker dwalker at iximd.com
Mon Sep 13 08:11:08 EDT 1999

William Tanksley wrote in message ...

>This last is a problem for me -- I'd like to have color available.  I need
>it if I'm going to use this as part of my game, Omega.

    I tried the keep the curses stuff limited to one class so that it would
act as a wrapper.  it would be a trivial matter (I think) to convert this
one class to ncurses or slang, or even a "real" GUI using tkinter.
Additional code can be put in place to say: try the "standard" ncurses
module, if the import fails, step down to the curses module.

>It sounds great.

    Go to http://iximd.com/~dwalker and hit the tinter.py link.  It's a 29k
text file.

>That works for me.  I like LGPL.  I like the Python license better, but
>LGPL is certainly useful.

    I'm not married to the LGPL either...  But I'll probably be changing
that in the near future anyway.  Because I really don't care how people use
it.

                        Damond