How to sell Python to your boss?

randall_burns_hp at my-deja.com randall_burns_hp at my-deja.com
Thu Sep 2 21:01:40 EDT 1999

In article <ka8yaf7d84t.fsf at delightful.cs.hut.fi>,
  Petri Mikael Kuittinen <eye at niksula.hut.fi> wrote:

I'm fortunate to have a boss who is very enthusiastic about
Python. (We'd really like to find more developers who share his
enthusiasm form Python-I'd be happy to talk to folks about the
opportunities doing e-commerce here at HP).

> I can understand my bosses opinion. He wants to protect the interest
> of this firm. If I would leave the firm, then someone else would have
> tp spend time learning Python in order to modify my program code.
>
> For several months I have tried to get my colleagues excited to learn
> Python, but so far nobody has been interested to learn new languages,
> except for some mild interest towards Java (which is IMHO an
> overly-hyped language).
We use Java also-but we've found Python to ease both development and
maintenance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/