Using Python in ASP scripts

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Sun Sep 5 22:12:04 EDT 1999

Nikolai Kirsebom wrote:

> I have two NT 4.0 PC's running IIS 4.0 where I'm using Python in ASP
> scripts.  On the one machine I have no problems running the scripts
> - however on the other machine I can't get the scripts running.  If
> I change the LANGUAGE token to something else (VBScript) it works -
> so obviously it must have something to do with the 'registration' of
> Python as the scripting language.  I've executed the pyscript.py and
> it reported all ok.

Sounds like this is related to a problem I had running any of the
axscript stuff. I had at one time installed MS's script debugger. Not
only did the axscript stuff not work, but I couldn't update any of
the related MS components. While I didn't have to re-install NT, I
did have to remove and then reinstall everything having to do with
networking.

- Gordon