Newby:Looking for an article describing C++ vs. Python

Tom tom22 at verio.com
Wed Sep 1 15:18:35 EDT 1999

Hi,

This is from a real newby to Python and should not be considered flame
bait.

I have programmed in C for years and have recently begun using C++ and
classes, etc. I am interested in Python/Perl/Tlc as a scripting language
but without having studied either of them I would like to know, for
example, what kinds of things that you can do in C++ that you can not do
in Python. I know that the Python language is written in C and I know
that a compiled language will tend to run faster that an interperted
language.

Is there an article where someone has done a comparison of C++ to
Python?

Thanks
Tom