Python TimeServer (RFC 868)

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 22:40:30 EDT 1999

Hi Folks!

	I've been messing around with a python timeserver that I've
written....

	There's only one problem, I've got the time standardized, and seems
	to work correctly.

	But time clients don't seem to want to communicate with it.

	I'm not exactly certain of the problem, but I suspect something.

	I'm dumping the "seconds" value, in otherwords, the seconds are being
	output to the socket, as a text value.

	I believe that I need to send it as a binary value (a 4 byte
integer), instead of a
	string... But can't figure out a way to do this...?

	Any suggestions?

	Or examples of a working timeserver in python >g<

			- Benjamin

================================
Please feel free to copy any and or
all of this sig.
A little something for spam bots:

root at localhost postmaster at localhost admin at localhost
abuse at localhost postmaster at 127.0.0.1

Chairman William Kennard: bkennard at fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness at fcc.gov
Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth: hfurchtg at fcc.gov
Commissioner Michael Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov