Pythom in embedded system?

Vjekoslav NESEK vnesek at maja.zesoi.fer.hr
Wed Sep 1 03:09:28 EDT 1999

Hi,

  I would like to ask all you python source code hackers:

1) Is it possible to remove all os dependant (just ansii c) code
   from distributions, leaving only core intepreter?

2) Is it possible to run it on 16bit machine

3) What is a minimum RAM requirements for such trimmed down Python?

4) How slow would it be on lets say 16Mhz 80x86?

  I am asking because I would like to use python for glue code in
embedded system. It is not a real time embedded system. Anyway if
not python, can you point me to some other free interpeter
suitable for embedding in such a limited system?

Thanks,

--
// Vjeko (vnesek at zesoi.fer.hr)

import java.advertising.*;