Programmers Editor

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed Sep 8 15:00:24 EDT 1999

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
> but to help them, it's probably better to put up
> a site somewhere comparing different tools (or
> just pointing to them), than to follow up on every
> announcement with a plug for your own favourite
> tool.  with dozens of development tools out there,
> it doesn't really scale if everyone would do that ;-)

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel has written an editor HOWTO that hasn't been
put on the Web yet; currently it covers configuring Emacs, Alpha and
CodeWright for convenient editing of Python code.  (Hmm... I vaguely
recall sections on jed and vi; maybe my copy at work is out of date --
I'll have to look on my home machine.) Anyway, if someone wanted to
contribute info on editing Python with Zeus, KDevelop, or whatever, it
would be very helpful.  Just follow up to this posting with notes on
configuring your editor of choice.

His first victim was a priest. Roger's senses were blessed with furtive
longings and sweet altar wine.
    -- The Head's backstory, in ENIGMA #1: "The Lizard, The Head, The Enigma"