Turing Compliant?

Will Ware wware-nospam at world.std.com
Thu Sep 2 10:02:40 EDT 1999

David Oppenheimer (davidopp at megsinet.net) wrote:
: What the heck does Turing Compliant mean?  I've heard discussion that
: Python is not Turing Compliant.  Is this true and why would this be an
: important consideration for someone who is programming in Python?

Many people have already discussed "Turing Complete". The meaning of
"Turing Compliant" is that Python will remain Turing Complete after
January 1st, 2000. "Turing Delectable" means that Python will also
remain Turing Complete after September 9th, 9999. The Posix module
should break by then, but otherwise, I believe Python is Turing
Delectable.