mxODBC: File DSNs?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Mon Sep 13 04:35:28 EDT 1999

Greg Ewing wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:
> >
> > Try "FILEDSN=<dsn filename>" as parameter.
>
> That does it! Thanks a lot.
>
> > The ODBC docs for
> > SQLDriverConnect have more details on the dsn string to be
> > used.
>
> I followed the "ODBC Documentation" link from the mxODBC docs
> and looked there, but I couldn't find any mention of File DSNs.
> Are there other docs somewhere I should be using instead?

I got the information from the ODBC 3.5 docs shipped with the
MDAC SDK from Microsoft. The ones Solid has on their site is
for ODBC 2.x. File DSNs seem to be a new feature in later
versions of the MS ODBC Manager.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   109 days left