Marking translatable strings

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Sep 17 11:19:14 EDT 1999

I've posted about my pygettext.py module in response to other messages
on this thread.  It occurs to me that doc strings would have to be
handled differently, because if you were to stick a _() around a
docstring, it ceases to /be/ a docstring!  I think it's important that
docstrings be translatable though so you'd have to have some
post-processing step, either explicitly, or through an import hook of
some sort (and that might be expensive to do if you wanted to pick up
func docstrings in addition to module docstrings).

-Barry