Installation problem (or not...)

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Sep 29 10:39:20 EDT 1999

Hi,

If these are stupid questions, could someone please answer them anyway.

I have been using python at work for quite a while (under unix), but I
have never tried to install it - until yesterday. I decided to install
python on my Pentium II machine at home (Win95). I downloaded version
1.5.2 and related stuff from python.org, from the "Download Python for
Windows 95/98 and NT" page. So far so good.

Later, when I installed it I got an error message complaining that some
DLL file assumed WinNT and not Win95. The same thing happened for the
win32all installation. This made me worried. As I have understood things,
the installation is supposed to work in all NT/95/98 environments. I
have not tried any tests yet, but I don't think I would trust my
installation under these circumstances - even if all tests went well.

Q1: Should I be worried?
Q2: If so: What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

/Mikael