CONTEST: PyWin crashes with pure Python code!

Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa warren at nightwares.com
Tue Sep 7 23:33:22 EDT 1999

Mark Hammond wrote:

> It _appears_ we have a DLL version conflict or some other external influence
> at work.  People who have MSVC 6 installed seem unable to recreate the
> problem at all.  Adding fuel to this is that one person in particular could
> create the crash, then installed VC6 and could no longer create it.

Has anyone run this under WinNT4 Service Pack 4 or later?

I ask because when I first installed NT4, updated to SP4, and then
tossed MSVC5 on the system, I got some weird DLL errors ... which
evaporated after I *reinstalled* SP4. Presumably that SP had some DLLs
which addressed the issues I was encountering, DLLs which the MSVC had
overwritten in its own install process.

It's been several months, so no, I canot tell you specifically any more
what broke, or when, or where or how.

Just another wing of bat to throw into the bubbling pot. If you have
installed MS VC on top of any WinNT, reinstall the Service Pack
afterwards to make sure the "correct" DLLs are back in place.

Might work, or I might just be venting gas. (Be glad you are not
downwind!)

--WthmO