Seeking GUI advice

Charles Medcoff cmedcoff at sprynet.com
Sun Sep 19 18:19:46 EDT 1999

Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:7s25qs$tu$1 at essle.valdyas.org...
> If I were you I'd try wxPython. Last time I looked at it, it was quite
> well documented and people speak highly of the actual object model. Plus,
> on Unix, it uses the gtk widget set, which, while not as good (pleasant
> to use, pretty to look at) as the Qt widget set, beats Tk easily -
> even though you _can_ make decent interfaces with TkInter.

Thanks for the advice.  I had a look and I'm downloading wxPthon as I type
this note.  I'm going to take a look at it.  On the other hand I spent a
couple of hour last night tinkering with Tkinter;) and was surprise at how
quickly I could throw together a rudimetry drawing appliation with lines,
rectangles, etc.  Can anyone point out some examples using menus or how to
get frame windows to track the main Tk() window in terms of size and
position?