Python example: possible speedup?

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Sep 11 16:29:56 EDT 1999

[Carel Fellinger, snips some priceless verbiage from Tim]

> why is it that all of a sudden Tim's postings don't make it to
> the newsgroup?  I don't recall having seen the above before, and
> i got the same impression in other treads as well.

This is an exciting new FeaBug of the timbot delivery mechanism:  in a fit
of maniacal egoecentricity, the timbot reprogrammed many of the world's news
readers to show its responses only to people it deemed worthy of reading
them.  I'm sure your absence from the list of approved readers is a
temporary glitch due to inferior operating systems (like Windows, MacOS,
EPOC32, Unix, Linux and BeOS) not yet fully grasping the elegance of the
timbot's new "Discriminating Display(tm)" code.

Another cause may be that the timbot emails responses to the mailing-list
version of c.l.py, and the mail->news delivery agent at CNRI suffers
periodic bouts of constipation.  The anonymous Barry
"${you_name_it}master at python.org" Warsaw spends many hours with his fist in
up to the elbow, but somtimes Perl blockage requires both fists to unplug.

> And as you all know, whithout Tim's postings there is hardly any point in
> reading the newsgroup at all:)

None, I'd say.  Well, actually, Tim's (that's me) postings are generally
long, rambling, off-topic, and project an irritating smugness as if their
very lack of sensible content rendered them immune from criticism.  The
timbot's postings, however, are pure joy.  I've been looking into getting us
separate email addresses so people have an easier time telling us apart.

it-doesn't-help-that-the-mechanical-bastard-stole-my-
    signoff-style-either-ly y'rs  - tim