Turing Compliant?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Sep 9 17:19:43 EDT 1999

In article <1275214276-477894 at hypernet.com>,
Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote:

>Well there's biological computation, in which each fork() grows it's
>own "CPU", thus making some formerly non-computable problems
>computable.

The problem is that fork() requires two cooperating processes in most
situations.  Some processes want to fork() very badly but can't find a
compatible process to work with.  In a very few cases, antisocial
processes use a weird form of preemptive multi-tasking to force another
process to help with the fork().
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)