Tkinter-related problem

Robert Vollmert rvollmert at gmx.net
Mon Sep 6 15:58:44 EDT 1999

Hello,

does anybody know what might be causing the following errors? Could
they be caused by python code or the Tkinter module, or should I
rather search elsewhere? They occur while running a Tkinter program
(redhat linux 6.0, tk 8.0.4-29, tkinter/python 1.5.1-10). The same
program runs without error on my system (debian 2.1, tk 8.0.4-2,
python/tkinter 1.5.2).

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x18d)!
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x18e)!
X Error of failed request:  BadGC (invalid GC parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  60 (X_FreeGC)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2c00009
  Serial number of failed request:  404

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x167)!
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x168)!
X Error of failed request:  BadGC (invalid GC parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  60 (X_FreeGC)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2800009
  Serial number of failed request:  366

As I can't reproduce the error locally, I don't know what code is
causing this exactly. The program is an application launcher for the
dock of WindowMaker (a window manager). It is available at
    http://home.t-online.de/home/robert.vollmert/wmlaunch.tgz
in case anybody is interested in it.

Thanks,
Robert