Python interface to Berkeley DB + locking

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Mon Sep 13 01:52:07 EDT 1999

> I am trying to port a small web board Perl-script to Python and
> wonder how do you access Berkeley dbm-files (DB_File in Perl)
> I also wonder how do you usually exclusive/shared lock it in
> Python (something like $dbh->fd() in Perl)?
>
> I am currently at Chapter 3 in "Learning Python" so I'll
> appreciate any hints

Wrappers for the current (2.7.x) version of the DB file library can be had
at http://starship.python.net/crew/robind/

The python source distribution contains wrappers for the 1.8x version of the
library but it's not built by default on the unix platforms.  Look in the
Python library doc for details.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman