Python-based IRC bots..and a #python channel

Eron woodsage at op.net
Thu Sep 9 23:24:05 EDT 1999

Hello. I'm looking to really get into python hacking, and I want to
write a IRC bot in it. Does anyone know of any already existing IRC
libraries and bots (well-documented ones, with LOTS of in-line comments
to help me understand),  that I can use and extend, and then eventually
use it as a model to build one from scratch. Also, is there an
"official" #python channel somewhere? If there isn't, we should
establish one. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eron