New to Python...looking for scripting language

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Sep 4 19:37:36 EDT 1999

>With Python, can I:
>- access the Registry (get, and set values, create keys, etc)?
Yep.
>- access the services (get a list of running services)?
Yep.
>- access the audit policy (get and set that policy)?
Dunno about that one - I dont know how to do it at all.  But as a guess
"yes" :-)

>- search for files on the remote hard drive?

Yep - with no Windows extensions.
>- access permissions on the remote system?
Yep.

You will need the Python for Windows extensions (win32all-??? - currently
win32all-125.exe).  Unfortunately, Python does not do alot to make
understanding NT permissions etc very easy.  Permissions are complex beasts
under NT, but we do fully support them.

Mark.