Dialect, A Python derived environment (and language ?)

Phil Hunt philh at vision25.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 18:21:44 EDT 1999

In article <14313.64297.661308.942021 at gargle.gargle.HOWL>
           cgw at fnal.gov "Charles G Waldman" writes:
> Martijn Faassen writes:
>  > It's probably an implementation from scratch...
>  > It's too close to Python in syntax for this to be an independent
>  > development..
>  >
>  > Of course, they can do whatever they like. :)
>
> Yes, but it sure is tacky!  Especially considering that they do not
> credit Python at all.

If yuo ask me (and no-one did, why should they?) Python should be
released under a GPL or LGPL license to stop this sort of thing.

People who take without giving are tacky and should probably be
avoided. Especially when they screw up Python's syntax.

Phil Hunt - - - - - - - - -  philh at vision25.demon.co.uk
   - Linux was 8 years old on 17th September! See: -
http://www.vision25.demon.co.uk/prog/linuxbirthday.html