ORBit bindings/interface?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at news.hex.net
Fri Sep 3 21:57:40 EDT 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:49:43 GMT, Justin Bradford <justin at ukans.edu> wrote:
>> ILU supports this already and is fairly widely used in the Python
>> community.  See ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html for details.
>
>I want to use these bindings in Gnome applications, so I need ORBit
>support specifically (ie. I don't want the user to have to run ILU to
>communicate to ORBit to talk to the rest of the Gnome applications).
>
>Or is there something I'm missing?

No, that seems to be the "going through one ORB is better than going
through two" contention.  And is ver probably correct.

To "properly support" what might be called "PyGNOME," you'd probably
want to talk directly to ORBit...
--
Actually, typing random  strings in the Finder does  the equivalent of
filename  completion.    (Discussion  in  comp.os.linux.misc   on  the