How to get the python sourcecode line, when debuging the Python C sources?

Owen F. Ransen ransen at nemo.it
Wed Sep 8 10:36:24 EDT 1999

On 8 Sep 1999 00:49:22 GMT, aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:

>In article <7r4alh$7gl$1 at m2.c2.telstra-mm.net.au>,
>Mark Hammond <MHammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
>>Stefan Knappmann <101.139915 at germanynet.de> wrote in message
>>>
>>>Does anybody know in which C variable I can find the Python Stack?
>>>Or how to get the activ Python source code line from within the C
>>>debugger?
>>
>>Move down the stack to eval2() in ceval.c.  f->f_lineno will tell you the
>>line number.  f->f_code->co_filename + 20 bytes is the start of the ASCII
>>string containing the filename.  Adding something like "(char *)(((char
>>*)f->f_code->co_filename))+20)" to the watch window should do the trick.
>
>And people wonder why I think C is a dead language.

Ah but it is not! It is alive and well in tons of tiny micros
around your house and in your car and in your cell phone and
in your video recorder and...

Anyway when I first looked at Python it made as much sense to
me as what that C code does to you. We just have to get used
to different languages....

Owen F Ransen                       ransen at nemo.it
http://www.ransen.com       the home of Repligator
Winner SIAF awards - Best Graphics Program of 1999