general question about python integration with C

etsang at my-deja.com etsang at my-deja.com
Fri Sep 17 17:18:56 EDT 1999

I have a general question about python integration with C. I have the
current situation from what I want to drive to the outter
mosttriggering source.
0) a bunch of C App programs
1) a C wrapper file as conversion medium between a python script and
the C application program2) a python script.
My aim is to use a python script to drive some triggers to the C App
programs. But I will need to input a lot of parameters as input values
either for initialisation purspose or as driver input parameters.
Since if I use a seperate driver written soley in C, whenever I change
some input parameters, I need to recompile and link the whole thing. I
hope to use python to hold those changable parameters, pass it to C
Apps. So whenever I need to change the parameters, I only need to
change the script without all those recompliation and linking thing. I
may even change the driving sequence without recompliation.
Now I run into this situation:
I want to test the App program's ability to do interprocess
communication. The way to do this is to have my C driver program in one
process and My App program in another process.
But in using Python extendsion to C. How can I have the driving
programs(python script, C wrapper program)  run in one process while my
Apps program in another process? Or is there something I can do?
If you have run in a similar situation, or you are using pyton to drive
testing your Apps. What do you suggest?Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/