Problem installing PyGresql in Python 1.5.2-2 on RH 5.0

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at vex.net
Sun Sep 12 07:17:18 EDT 1999

[I added a few newlines to the quoted message]

Felix Thibault <felixt at dicksonstreet.com> wrote:
> I copied pgmodule.c into my config directory (that is:
> /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/) and added a line to Setup, but when I
> did 'make Makefile.pre.in', judging from

I never did this for any module.  I just put the line in Setup and ran
make at the top level.  I tried that and just got

    gmake: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.pre.in'.  Stop.

I think you are doing this in /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/.  Try
running make from /usr/local/lib/python1.5/ instead.

Hmmm.  Just realized that it is Modules, not config.  Is config some RPM
thingie or something?  What is your environment?

> (the line I added to Setup is :
> _pg pgmodule.c -I/usr/include/pgsql -L/usr/lib -lpq )

I use this.

_pg pgmodule.c -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq -lcrypt

Assuming you put the pgsql includes and libs where you indicate, yours should
work just fine.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at caingang.com>      |  Democracy is three wolves