Inspecting long running programs

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Sep 9 17:08:25 EDT 1999

In article <5lr9k84777.fsf at eric.cnri.reston.va.us>,
Guido van Rossum  <guido at cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:
>aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:
>>
>> asyncore (which Medusa is built on) includes this functionality.  It can
>> be kind of trippy to just telnet to a blind socket and get a Python
>> interpreter session.
>
>Really?  I don't see a trace of this in the version of asyncore I have
>in the standard Python library!  I'd love to have this feature!

As Fredrik pointed out, it's actually in the Medusa distribution.

One warning: as is typical with asyncore applications, the monitor
doesn't work if one of the queue objects fails to return.  (E.g. stuck
in an infinite loop.)
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)