Newbie problem with PYTHONPATH

Brent Goodwin goodwin_brent at bah.com
Wed Sep 8 11:06:13 EDT 1999

Hi:

I'm having problems getting Python to recognize a path to a drive other
than the one it is installed on.  I have tried setting the PYTHONPATH in
the autoexec.bat (I'm on a Win95 machine) to no avail, and I tried using
the path editor in the Pythonwin GUI.  Neither method worked.  The way
I've found so far is to make a module which appends the path I'm looking
for to sys.path, and import the module manually each time I start the
interpreter.

I have to believe there is a better way.  Any ideas?

Brent Goodwin