And now for something completely boneheaded...

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Sep 9 13:54:42 EDT 1999

On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:46:14 -0500, Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
<warren at nightwares.com> wrote:

[snip]

>So. Anyone have suggestions? A language ref is pretty much precisely
>what I need, I think; and while I am aware of other O'Reilly books on
>the subject, I don't know for sure which would be more along the lines
>of what I'm looking for.

http://www.python.org/doc/current/

This nifty collection includes
The Tutorial,
The Library Reference,
The Language Reference,
The Macintosh Reference,
The Extending And Embedding Tutorial,
The Python/C API Reference, and
The Documentation Reference.

Start with the tutorial; look up specific items in the Language Ref.
if you need to; and read the documentation of the standard modules
that you think you will use in the Library Ref.

Hmmm.  I think it may be time to reconsider the
distribution/documentation split.

>Thanks once more, all!
>
>--WthmO

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |