Text UI

Ovidiu Predescu ovidiu at cup.hp.com
Fri Sep 10 12:16:06 EDT 1999

On 10 Sep 1999 15:54:10 GMT, smithy at promail.pl ( ukasz Kowalczyk) wrote:

> As in subject - I'm seeking a console-based user interface toolkit for
> Python. All I found by now is snack.py module, an interface to newt.
> Unfortunately, this is a very simple toolkit and almost the same functionality
> is achievable with dialog or whiptail in bash scripts.
>
> What I'm looking for is an event-driven user interface library. Something
> resembling the Borland's TurboVision from DOS (I need this under Linux).
>
> Has anyone written something like this? A search on python.org, yahoo and
> a few other search engines gave no results.

Look for CDK, Curses Development Kit, at:

http://www.vexus.ca/CDK.html

I don't know though it is has a binding to Python, but it should be fairly easy
to add one using SWIG.

You can also try searching comp.lang.python, I remember somebody posted a
message a few months ago about a similar work done entirely in Python.

Hope this helps,
Ovidiu

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu at cup.hp.com>