1.5.2 NT install question(s)

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Sep 7 20:15:16 EDT 1999

On 7 Sep 1999 17:21:15 GMT, mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com (Mark
Jackson) wrote:

>I've done this twice recently and encountered problems both times.
>
>On a fresh system (never had Python or Tcl/Tk) things (for example,
>PySol) seem to work, but whenever I use Tkinter (specifically, when
>_tkinter is imported) I get a warning box about not being able to find
>tcl80.dll in the specified path.  (tcl80.dll is present, in Program
>Files\Tcl\bin.) What's wrong, and how do I put it right?

First, be sure that the Tcl\bin directory is on your PATH.
Second, it might be a good idea to install into directories that have
no spaces.  Alternatively, always specify such directories with their
shortened form.  E.g. C:\Program Files\Tcl\bin ==> C:\PROGRA~1\Tcl\bin

Try those first (if you haven't already).

[snip]

>--
>Mark Jackson - http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~mjackson
>	Spend the optimal amount of time on each decision
>	and pretty soon you run out of life.
>				- Steven Waldman

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |