python, mysql and redhat6.0 SIGSEGV

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 21 07:18:06 EDT 1999

Thomas Hartwig <th at starsurfer.de> wrote:
> I have major problems using following packages after a system reinstall to:

> system: RedHat 6.0, i386
> database: mysql 3.22.26a
> language: python1.5
> driver: MySQLmodule-1.4

> ... compiled and linked together as an shared library and copied to
> /usr/lib/python1.5 and /usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload

> All what I get is a simple SIGSEGV... to bad, no info, simply nothing than
> some strace debugging.

> Every help is welcome with a great Thank.

Do you get the same problems when you try with another db modules,
say MySQLdb? Curiously, I had a segfaulting problem with MySQLdb,
until I recompiled Python 1.5.2 with threads on, but MySQLmodule-1.4
has always worked without problems. I the 3.22.26a version still
beta?

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt