Boiler plate method for Module

meow meowing at banet.net
Wed Sep 15 01:38:41 EDT 1999

In nnmh:python, Jacques Oosthuizen <jacques at integra.co.za> wrote:

> Hi am looking for a good but simple example of how to write my own Python
> Object in C

> 1) Must show me how to write the constructor/destructor
> 2) Sow me how to do getattr/setattr pair

Python's source distribution comes with a simple skeleton module
called xxmodule.c that shows you how to do both of these.  You can try
it out by going into the Demo/extend directory and following the
README's instructions.  It even made sense to me, and I'm just a cat.

> PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO LOOK AT TO SOURCE OF PYTHON, I HAVE DONE THAT
> I JUST WANT TO SEE SIMPLE LAYOUT.

Can you just pretend it didn't come with the source? ;)