Python for younger children

Steven H. Rogers shrogers at ionet.net
Sat Sep 25 08:52:58 EDT 1999

John Leach wrote:

> I have two children 9 and 11 and I'd like them to learn
> Python because they don't learn programming at school and I
> feel that it's something they should be learning at that age
> - and they're keen to do so.
> Does anyone have any project materials which might help, or
> any advice from their experience in teaching children which
> might help me?
> Regards
> John Leach

Have you seen Guido's "Computer Programming for Everybody" proposal?  It
can be found at "http://www.python.org/doc/essays/cp4e.html".  Though
it's just getting started with DARPA funding and is initially targeted
at high school and non-CS college students, it should provide some
materials you could use.

Regards,
Steve