Feast or famine! - Anyone read or dealt with Wrox Press?

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sat Sep 11 21:50:08 EDT 1999

Alexander Staubo wrote:

> (Of course, I don't have their Visual C++ or Visual Basic books. They
> could be vastly different. They do have a lot of Microsoft-oriented
> books, perhaps-not-surprisingly.)

Mike Blaszczak's MFC books from WROX are excellent, as are several other
titles I have. In many cases, a book will have a matching website with
additional material, updates, and errata. Thankfully, the latter is
minimal. When I have to descend to WinWorld, I look first for red spines
in the local B&N.

In many instances, a particular area will have a tiered selection of
offerings, from beginner to professional. I've found their ratings to
accurately reflect the depth of the material.

I'd put them on par with ORA. Fortunately, not that many of their titles
are of interest to me. I can't afford another habit like buying every
animal in the ORA menagerie.