CONTEST: PyWin crashes with pure Python code!

Roger Burnham roger.burnham at gte.net
Fri Sep 3 14:07:43 EDT 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999 14:07:38 GMT, Christian Tismer <tismer at appliedbiometrics.com>
wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I'm starting a contest to solve
>
>   *** A SERIOUS PROBLEM ***
>
><snip>

Christian,

This runs okay for me on two machines; win95 and winNT...(also
ran under the debugger, with all exceptions enabled, found none).

I concatentated a dozen or so of the largest .txt and .log files
on my system to get a 7-8 meg file, concatenated that with itself
to get about a 44 meg file.  The last number printed was 1094200.

I'm running a locally built pythonwin/win32 modules with some
additions, but, as far as I can recall, no core modifications.

Cheers,

Roger Burnham
Cambridge Research & Instrumentation
rburnham at cri-inc.com
http://www.cri-inc.com/
http://starship.python.net/crew/roger/
PGP Key: http://www.nai.com/default_pgp.asp
PGP Fingerprint: 5372 729A 9557 5F36 177F  084A 6C64 BE27 0BC4 CF2D