decomposing an intersecting polygon?

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Fri Sep 24 13:23:08 EDT 1999

I'm looking for an algorithm to decompose a self-intersecting 2D
polygon into a set of non-intersecting polygons, according to the
"odd-even" winding rule.  That is, if the polygon defines a
five-pointed star by five lines, the center of the star should not be
filled.

The purpose is to implement this odd-even filling on systems that have
no native support for it, for a cross-platform drawing library in
Python.

Thanks,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi