What GUI-lib to use

Thomas Weholt thomas at bibsyst.no
Wed Sep 29 05:08:33 EDT 1999

Hi,

I get the feeling Tk is the de facto standard for GUI-development in
Python. I`ve looked at Gtk and KDE, but find Gtk the most appealing to
use. Tk looks  - well, rather old. My main concern is that the gtk-lib
is to premature to use for gui-development, that the libs. change too
much and that it`s hard to keep projects backwards-compatible. This
thoughts are based on "feelings", I`ve not dived into the code or coded
any gui so far using any of them. I`ve just seen/had problems with
installing programs using different gtk-versions, older not compatible
with new ones and vica versa. KDE is an option, but I`d rather use Gtk
for a number of reasons, most of which are based on personal taste
rather than any technical aspects.

I want to develop GUIs to simple scripts fast, writing as little code as
possible, but still making it understandable. Looked at GLADE. How does
this work with Python?

Could Tk get a more modern look perhaps and solve all our problems?

Any ideas, thoughts ??

Thomas Weholt