Problem compiling Python on Linux Thank you

Seby Carta oxar at geocities.com
Fri Sep 17 15:04:34 EDT 1999

Seby Carta ha scritto nel messaggio <7rrep5$n2e$1 at newssrv.otenet.gr>...
>Hi , i have a problem with my Slackware linux and python 1.5.2, exactily
>with thread and python.
>When i run the command:

>Python tell me that he doesn't find thread module, i searched in my
hdd..and
>module thread.py isn.t!!  why??,
>not the same problem with python for window...  he find above module and
the
>thread.py is present on my hdd.
>
>Please...help me .. if you can....
>
>Thank you anywere.
>
>Seby

Thank you to all people who helped me .. i resolved ... i had to manually
modify the source to allow linux to compile correctily python with thread
and socket support.
In fact the compilation stopped on  gethostname_r() function in
socketmodule.c  ???? i had to undefine GETHOSTBYNAME_R to allow a rigth
compilation.

:-)) Now i have a fully ( ... i hope not like my english ;-) ...)
functionally python system ..... Wowwww....

Thank you !

Seby.