Turing Compliant?

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Mon Sep 6 19:50:51 EDT 1999

On 6 Sep 1999 23:22:23 GMT, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>Charles G Waldman  <cgw at fnal.gov> wrote:
>>jhefferon at my-deja.com writes:

>>> Not infinite.  Unbounded.

>>I'd be interested to hear what the difference is, according to you,
>>between "infinite" and "unbounded".  According to me, they are the
>>same thing.  "finite"=="bounded" => !finite==!bounded.

>Consider the real numbers in the range 0.0 through 1.0.  They are
>bounded but infinite.

...but he's speaking of memory, an item which has to be enumerated in
order to be measured.  Thus, unbounded memory is infinite memory.

Oh, and for an equally technical nit-pick: contrary to your claim, none of
the numbers in the range between 0.0 and 1.0 are infinite.  The
cardinality of the set, OTOH, is infinite and unbounded.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley