Teaching the art of programming, in python

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Fri Apr 7 08:55:40 EDT 2000

Hi All

Niklas Frykholm wrote:

[snip]

> As an interesting side note, a publisher here in Sweden has
> recently started a 10-minute series, with titles such as
> "Teach your self Internet in 10 minutes". Seems there is
> inflation (or perhaps deflation) in these things.

Probably SAMS.  They have a 10-minutes series.  The books are comprised
of *lots* of 10-minute lessons; there's no expectation that you would
learn the whole area of study in ten minutes;-)

> And it _is_ a silly practice. But then again, corporate
> silliness doesn't surprise me that much anymore.

<g>

<ministry-of-silly-walks>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org and
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours