Python and VTK and TK

sue smalleys at gte.net
Wed Apr 12 22:53:57 EDT 2000

Scott -

Unfortunately, it depends on your definition of moderate.
Can you elaborate a bit?

You might want to start a dirty prototype in TK, to check
your overall design, and go to VTK/FLTK when time (speed or
due date :) becomes an issue.

You might want to check pyFLTK as well.  I've compiled all
three without any major problems, but if I remember
correctly, VTK ends up wanting several other small libs.

I think someone was working on a "generic GUI" file that
could map to any one of the three, trading off recoding for
a bit of a speed hit.

Sue.