Pointers

Peter Halliday peter at whetstonelogic.com
Mon Apr 17 19:06:25 EDT 2000

I just started learning python.  I just want to make sure that I understand the
object interaction you were discussion here.  To use your statement.  So x + 1
is an object, x is an object, and y is an object.  Y and x happen to both be
pointing to x + 1.  Is this right?  If you then did something to y would you be
doing something to x + 1?  I would say, no because it is a seperate object
right!  You can't have a dangling pointer like in C++ right?  Because of the
full functional objects.  If this is true, and I understand this right, then
Python rocks.

>         x = x + 1
>         y = x

Peter Halliday