Newbie - COM parameters problem

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Apr 28 19:35:05 EDT 2000

"Martin Rehak" <rehakm1 at cti.ecp.fr> wrote in message
news:3909F954.9B51E117 at cti.ecp.fr...

> In one method , we have to pass the reference to the object as an [in]
> parameter.

Have you tried it?  You should just be able to pass the object!

> And my question is, how can we actually do it, when the only VARIANT
> "sub-type" fit for this is an IDispatch * and in the whole Python
> documentation, that I found on the net,  is no mention of some pointer
> type or its substitution ?

Python fully supports the VARIANT, including all the funky pointers it
contains.  It is not exposed to the Python programmer - it "just works"
(or should :-).  Passing a COM object will result in the IDispatch * of
the VARIANT getting correctly set - and if the param was [in,out], would
result in the IDispatch ** getting correctly set!

If you have problems, post the complete traceback, but passing other COM
objects works just fine...

Mark.