How to compile wxpython in win98 using vc6.0 for wxWindows2.1.15!

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 19 11:55:18 EDT 2000

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:37:12 +0800, fmr <mrfx at 263.net> wrote:
>wx.cpp:
>wchar.h(700) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function
>'wmemchr' not allowed
>wchar.h(699) : see declaration of 'wmemchr'

 This is really weird because:

1. my wx/wxchar.h doesn't have 700 lines (it's about 650)
2. there is no mention of wmemchr in it at all
3. are you trying to compile it in Unicode mode (won't work under Win98
   anyhow then)? Otherwise, wxxx() functions shouldn't be referenced
   at all.

 Check your installation of wxWin, in particular check that you didn't
mix the new headers with some left overs of a previous version.

 Regards,
VZ