Two questions

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Apr 4 18:36:55 EDT 2000

Hi All--

Bjorn Pettersen wrote:

[bobbit]

> If you want to package up your program into an exe and execute it,
> Installer from Gordon's starship pages can do this
> (http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/distribute.html).  It's actually
> _much_ easier than it looks ;-)

<g>  This sounds like the right course to me.  I'd like to force
customers to install Python on their machines, but my boss doesn't think
that's all that great an idea (dunno why).  My only concern is
size--just how big are the executables produced by Gordon's
flummery^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmagic?

> You'll probably want to check out one of the odbc packages.  (I haven't
> used any of them myself, but mxODBC seems to be highly recomended...)

Well, that's two recommendations.  And judging from previous Marc-Andre
packages I've used, it'll be a snap.

Steve Holden, in another post, said that Tkinter should work fine along
with mxODBC.  That's a relief, but does anyone have direct personal
experience with doing so?

<floccinausinihilipilification>-ly y'rs,
Ivan

(I think I've spelled that right--I don't have the OED online.)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours