Best database to use with Python

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at vex.net
Thu Apr 27 06:08:37 EDT 2000

Kevin McDermott <kevinmcd at nospam.linuxsolutions.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Depends on what you want to use it for...if it's to connect CGI programs
> to, then I'd recommend MySQL.

Please don't take this as argumentative but I am curious why you think
that being used with CGI programs per se makes one database better
than the other.  It seems to me that there are a lot more issues to
consider such as what kind of data, what kind of data relationships,
how the data needs to be accessed, etc.  I use PostgreSQL for all my
database work, CGI accessed or not, except for where the data sets
are simple enough to use shelve.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net>           |  Democracy is three wolves
http://www.vex.net/                        |  and a sheep voting on