Python 1.6 alpha 1 released

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Apr 2 12:45:33 EDT 2000

In article <38E52D76.1820FC32 at roguewave.com>,
Bjorn Pettersen  <bjorn at roguewave.com> wrote:

>I'm glad your schedules provide enough time for this, mine doesn't.  In
>addition, Python is starting to gain acceptance here, and having
>"mission critical" parts of the development environment break would be a
>"bad thing" (especially if I happened to be the one who implemented
>them...)

I'm sympathetic.  We only upgraded our production system from 1.5.1 to
1.5.2 last week, because we'd made a number of 1.5.1-specific hacks and
had to back them out correctly for 1.5.2.  Now we'll have to do the same
for 1.6, but as with the 1.5.2 upgrade, we don't have to follow Guido's
timeline.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"It's 106 miles to Chicago.  We have a full tank of gas, a half-pack of
cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."  "Hit it."